Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn the industrial rth at the end of the 1970s, people were at work using hands and machinery to make things we all use. Less than a decade later, supercomputers were being made in Wisconsin while desktop computers were being used in Boston. In New York City in the early nineties, people were avidly trading at stock exchanges. In 1995, telemarketers sat at computers in Omaha, cold-calling potential customers, while in Cleveland, in that same year, human skills were once again put to traditional use to craft products we all depend on. Work, work, work - we spend the better part of our lives on the job, in a factory or an antiseptic office or somewhere else in the vast assembly line in between. Tireless photographer Lee Friedlander, the maniacally inclusive but blessedly nchalant cataloguer of Americana - monuments, jazz musicians, and urban landscapes - presents here 16 years of Americans at work. A collection of portfolios commissioned in part by art institutions and in part by company CEOs, At Work also documents, albeit subtly, 16 years of one of America's most exceptional and hard-working photographers - at work.
- Author BiographyLee Friedlander has had a distinguished career as a photographer. Among his many awards are a MacArthur Foundation Award, grants from the National Endowment of Art, and three Guggenheim Fellowships. His previously published books include the seminal Self Portrait and The American Monument, and, more recently, American Musicians, Letters from the People, Little Screens, The Desert Seen, and Kitaj. He lives in New York State.
- Author(s)Richard Benson
- PublisherSteidl Publishers
- Date of Publication03/02/2003
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSteidl Verlag
- Out-of-print date11/02/2014
- Content Note233 illustrations
- Weight1100 g
- Width290 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byLee Friedlander
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.