All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLeeds, sited in the heart of West Yorkshire, is the UK's third largest city and is home to a community rich in history, ambition and achievement. As the financial, cultural and commercial heart of West Yorkshire, Leeds is a city essential to the global ecomic system. Although only a small borough for much of its existence, Leeds in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries became a key centre for the production and trading of wool. As the Industrial Revolution progressed, Leeds developed into a major industrial hub, extending its reach into engineering, printing, commerce, health and education. Iron foundries were among other industries of extreme importance. The city then expanded, absorbing many of the surrounding villages and townships to become the urban city we see today. Combining cultural riches with strong transport and communication links, it continues to attract students, entrepreneurs and professionals, t only to visit, but often to relocate to this vibrant part of West Yorkshire. The authors have charted the area's great past, and the ermous changes that have taken place, through a selection of fascinating and inspiring old postcards.
- Author BiographyJohn was born in London and has spent much of his life working there until his job at the Department of Health was relocated to Leeds. He spent the last eight years of his working life in Leeds. He has written numerous short stories and three novels and had two short novels published. He currently edits a journal for the American Stamp Club of Great Britain. He belongs to a local writing group based in Pontefract. He has two grown-up daughters - one lives in Leeds the other in Spain. David Marsh is a photographer and freelance writer. He has a keen interest in local history and has a special fondness for his home town of Pontefract, particularly its castle. David also writes fiction and is currently working on his first full-length novel. David is married and lives in the Pontefract area.
- Author(s)Christopher Allen,David Marsh,John Edwards
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThe Postcard Collection
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.