All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe objectives of Book 1 are to establish good basic habits of paper positioning and pencil hold, and to develop the fine motor skills needed for accurate, consistent writing. The book takes the young writer from basic pencil handling and co-ordination exercises through to formation of letters and simple short words. The 28 worksheets contain an entertaining mix of games and puzzles, which parents (or grandparents!) and child will enjoy doing together. Billy Beetle, Sam Spider, Willie Woodlouse and Sally Snail lead the left-handed child through the worksheets. The illustrations are aimed primarily at the 6-7 year-old, when many left-handed children become more conscious of the difference between their writing style and that of their right-handed peers. However, the overall design is suitable for any age: we've heard from grateful users nearer to retirement age than to next year's Year 2...
- Author BiographyAuthors Mark and Heather Stewart have many years' experience in educational requirements for left-handers. Their training guidelines have been endorsed by the DfES and are incorporated in the National Literacy Strategy.
- Author(s)Heather Stewart,Mark Stewart
- PublisherRobinswood Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationStourbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinswood Press
- Content NoteHighly Illustrated (colour)
- Weight210 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fred Chevalier
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.