All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the 1949 revolution in China, Chairman Mao famously proclaimed that women hold up half the sky. In the early years of the People's Republic, the Communist Party sought to transform gender relations with expansive initiatives. Yet those gains are being eroded in China's post-socialist era. Contrary to many claims made in the media, women in China have experienced a dramatic rollback of rights and gains relative to men. Leftover Women lays out the structural discrimination against women and speaks to broader problems with China's ecomy, politics, and development.
- Author BiographyLeta Hong Fincher is an award-winning former journalist who has been published in a number of magazines and newspapers, including the New York Times.
- Author(s)Leta Hong Fincher
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleAsian Arguments
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/06/2016
- Content Note1 index
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.