All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach year roughly 50,000 young men join the ranks of one of America's most hored groups: the Eagle Scouts. Alvin Townley set off across the nation to hear the stories of Eagles from all walks of life, including civil rights leaders, soldiers, politicians, businessmen, and conservationists who began their life's journey in Scouting and went on to play a key role in American history. Townley shows how the experiences of youth have guided the paths these Eagles followed as adults and defined the common virtues that have shaped our nation. The only book of its kind, Legacy of Hor is a celebration of the remarkable men that have established a universally rewned image and created a lasting legacy that Scouts past and present can look to for inspiration.
- Author BiographyAlvin Townley spent a year traveling throughout the country to explore the legacy of America's Eagle Scouts. In thousands of miles of travel, he met with Eagles from all walks of life. The result was Legacy of Honor, a uniquely powerful narrative of character and virtue in American life.Alvin's journey truly began years ago in Atlanta, Georgia, where he followed the Scouting path of his grandfather and father and earned his Eagle Scout rank with Troop 103. He is a Brotherhood Member of the Order of the Arrow and has completed High Adventure treks at the Florida Sea Base, the Northern Tier Canoe Bases, and Philmont Scout Ranch. The author graduated from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. He has interned in the U.S. House of Representatives, served on the executive staff of an international consulting firm, and worked for his alma mater, where he built relationships with alumni across the country and spoke to classes on corporate strategy and ethics. Alvin currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia, where he works and coaches at Marist School. He also works with Reach for Excellence, a tuition-free program benefiting talented middle school students from underserved communities.
- Author(s)Alvin Townley
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date21/04/2010
- Content Noteincludes 35 black & white photos throughout
- Weight345 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.