All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage skills, study skills, argument skills and legal kwledge are vital to every law student, professional lawyer and academic. Legal Method, Skills and Reasoning suggests a range of 'how-to' techniques for perfecting these academic and practical skills. It explains how to work with legal texts; how to read and write about the law; how to acquire effective disciplined study techniques; and how to construct legal arguments. Packed full of practical examples and diagrams across the range of legal skills from language and research skills to mooting and negotiation, this edition will be invaluable to law students seeking to acquire a deeper understanding of how to apply each discreet legal skill effectively. This restructured third edition is w additionally supported by a Companion Website offering a wealth of additional resources for individual and group work for both students and lecturers. For students, the Companion Website offers: * workbooks for each part, containing guided practical and reflective tasks * a series of 'how-to' exercises, which help to provide real-life legal skills examples and practice * guidance on answering legal problem and essay-style questions * self-test quizzes to consolidate learning for each individual legal skill. For lecturers, the Companion Website hosts: * a set of PowerPoint slides of the diagrams in the text * specimen seminar plans, with supplementary tes to provide support and inspiration for teaching legal skills * sample legal skills assessment, and accompanying answers.
- Author BiographySharon Hanson is Senior Lecturer in Law at Canterbury Christ Church University where she is course co-ordinator for the undergraduate legal studies programme.
- Author(s)Sharon Hanson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Note17 colour tables
- Weight771 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.