Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAs one of the most important movements in twentieth century legal thought, legal realism continues to be a source of controversy and inspiration. This study provides the first critical comparison and evaluation of American and Scandinavian legal realism. Presenting, evaluating, and reformulating the basic ideas of American legal realists such as Karl Llewllyn, Walter Wheeler Cook, Herman Oliphant, Jerome Frank, and Underhill Moore in the first part of the book, the author devotes the second part to a critical appraisal and reformulation of the major doctrines of Scandinavian legal realists such as Axel Haegerstroem, A. V. Lundstedt, Karl Olivecrona, and Alf Ross. The book also reveals the misunderstanding of legal realism by legal philosophers such as H. L. A. Hart and Ronald Dworkin and the connections of legal realism to the critical legal studies movement.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael Martin is a professor of Philosophy at Boston University. He received a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Harvard University and was a Liberal Arts Fellow in Law and Philosophy at the Harvard Law School. In addition to numerous articles in professional journals, he is the author of The Legal Philosophy of H. L. A. Hart: A Critical Appraisal; Atheism: A Philosophical Justification; and The Case against Christianity. He is also co-editor with Lee McIntyre of Readings in the Philosophy of Scocial Science.
- Author(s)Michael Martin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number179
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.