All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionStudents studying legal transcription, court reporting and legal termilogy will find this book to be a must have for professional learning. Legal Termilogy for Transcription and Court Reporting transforms the student into someone who is proficient in the language of law as a listener and speaker with judges, attorneys, witnesses, jurors and the parties in court. The student will master all the skills necessary to produce a transcript that accurately reflects court proceedings, depositions, legal stipulations, hearings, and intra/interoffice meetings. The complete understanding and usages of legal terms, as well as the related English grammar, punctuation, proofreading, and transcript production issues that contribute to an accurate record are the keys for all aspiring court reporters and transcriptionists. The main take away for the student is the confidence to begin using legal termilogy for professional transcription and court reporting in law offices, the courts, or one's own business. Mastering legal termilogy and the correct English skills are keys to advancing and this book makes it fast and enjoyable with written exercises as well as audio transcription exercises on an accompanying CD-ROM.
- Author BiographyCathy J. Okrent, J.D., is a member of the New York State Bar and is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, as well as the Federal and State Courts of New York. Attorney Okrent has been a trial attorney and college professor. She has served as a state and county government attorney, hearing officer, and an employee relations manager. She is the author of three textbooks on Legal Terminology, Court Reporting, and Tort Law.
- Author(s)Cathy Okrent
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1067 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.