All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in Introduction to Paralegal Studies. All the materials needed for on-the-job experience writing legal documents. Legal Writing for Legal Professionals places readers right in the law office environment, exposing them to a variety of cases from beginning to end - from client intake to disposition. The text applies laws from various states to fact patterns and includes ethical situations encountered in legal practice such as medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, real estate transactions, divorce and custody, and driving under the influence. This text also offers an abundance of examples and exercises to reinforce what readers have learned and guide them as they draft the legal documents they will be writing during their paralegal career. While the text follows the clients and their legal dilemmas sequentially, the chapters can easily stand alone or be read out of order to fit your needs. To help readers build and refine their writing skills, an extensive Grammar Handbook is available online-an indispensable tool for those who may t have learned this material earlier or those who want a refresher. This book is such an essential resource, even practicing paralegals will want to keep it in their top desk drawer.
- Author BiographyTerry Bingham has been a paralegal for nine years, with extensive experience in the private practice law office setting. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Postsecondary Technical Education with a specialty in curriculum development and instructional training from the University of Akron, as well as a Paralegal Studies Post-degree Professional Certificate from an ABA approved program. Bingham co-developed a first-run, college-level Introduction to Legal Writing course for paralegals for an ABA accredited paralegal program, incorporating her background in curriculum development to construct the course and her paralegal degree and experience for the subject matter. Susan Majka has been an attorney in the state of Ohio since 1995. She has worked in private practice, as well as for the Cleveland Municipal Housing Court, the Common Pleas Court, and the Court of Appeals. She is currently an attorney for the Federal Government and co-developer of the Legal Writing for Paralegals course for Cuyahoga Community College, where she taught the course for many years. Prior to becoming an attorney, Majka worked as a nurse/paralegal/law clerk at a medical malpractice firm while in law school. Also while in law school, Majka worked in the operating room as a Registered Nurse.
- Author(s)Susan Majka,Terry Bingham
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight903 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.