Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Michael Legat, who has enjoyed a successful career as publisher, velist and tutor/lecturer in Creative Writing, these Guides contain both basic information and thought provoking commentary on the steps needed to succeed as a writer. Carefully organised into logical sections, each chapter covers a wide area through which the reader is taken in steps, whilst ensuring those who have had some experience already are equally catered for and can use the Guides as a reference tool. Whether it is 'where to start', characterisation, 'magic ingredients', research, or just simply how to choose a publisher, along with a host of other useful topics and hints, anyone wanting to write whether for a career, or t, will find these Guides invaluable.
- Author BiographyMichael Legat began writing at a very early age, but most of his career was devoted to publishing. However, having worked as an editorial director for some years, in 1978 he decided to leave the trade and take up writing full time. In 1980 his first novel, Mario's Vineyard, was published and this was followed by a series of other very well received and successful works. He remained heavily involved in the publishing industry until his death in 2011, serving on various committees and was also president of two writers' circles. He was also active in pasing on his writing skills to both indivduals and by selective teaching and, of course, through his various publications and guides.
- Author(s)Michael Legat
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight158 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.