Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis dictionary of Leicestershire and Rutland Place-names examines their origins and meanings. It includes t only towns, villages and hamlets, but also rivers, streams, hills, fields and woods, as well as streets, buildings and public houses. A comprehensive description of the origin and evolution of each name is given, bringing to life the history of the place in a new and remarkably revealing way. Few are aware of the background of the names that are part of our everyday language, and Anthony Poulton-Smith brings this aspect of Leicestershire's rich history to life.
- Author BiographyAnthony Poulton-Smith is a writer and local historian, with over 350 articles and five books to his credit. They include Derbyshire Place-names and Worcestershire Place-names for Sutton. He lives in Tamworth.
- Author(s)Anthony Poulton-Smith
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note50 black and white illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.