Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionLeiomyosarcomas (LMS) are soft tissue tumours derived from smooth muscles cells, often in the uterus, retroperitoneum, skin, vessels, and bone. They are one of the most common types of sarcoma. Most leiomyosarcomas are sporadic, but may develop in the setting of genetic syndomes such as hereditary retiblastoma and L-Fraumeni syndrome. Leiomyosarcomas may also be a result of radiation exposure; however, radiation-induced sarcomas are typically undifferentiated, fibrosarcomas or malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors. Like other sarcomas, progsis is worse with higher grade tumours. Although chemotherapy and radiation are sometimes used as adjuvant therapy, the mainstay of therapy, and the only chance for cure, is surgery. The management of LMS is especially complex when the tumour involves major blood vessels. This book discusses the diagsis and treatments most effectively used for Leiomyosarcomas. It also provides insight on the specific areas that LMS is found and how it affects that area.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight648 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byRosemary H. Leach
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.