All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years a great many recreation and leisure industry professionals have been asking themselves the same question: 'is my programme ready for the Baby Boomers?' The impact of the coming Boomer generation on leisure facilities and services will be unprecedented. The phemen will present huge challenges to the industry but also the opportunity for sudden growth and increased revenue. It is estimated that less than 10 per cent of recreation programmers at this time believe they are prepared (Cochran, 2006). Professionals will have to rethink programmes, marketing and facilities using a 'Boomer Lens' if they are to meet the challenges ahead. This new title shows leisure industry professionals how to attract the emerging and lucrative Boomer market to their programmes by using evidence based research to understand the Boomer generation's leisure values, interests and needs. Complete with staff training strategies, marketing strategies and a guide to developing successful programmes for Boomers.
- Author BiographyDr. Lynda J. Cochran is a Certified Park and Recreation Professional with over 10 years practical experience as a recreation programmer and manager in various municipal, non profit and military settings. She holds a BA in Recreation Administration and Leisure Services, a MA in organisational Management and a PhD in Education with a recreation emphasis. She has received the Meritorious Service Award from the U.S. Navy for her outstanding service in recreation administration and programming. Anne Rothschadl has a Ph.D. in Human Development & Performance from Indiana University where she majored in Leisure Behavior; Minor: Educational Psychology. She has also gained an M. A. in Park & Recreation Administration from the University of Oregon. She has extensive experience presenting organised practical, theoretical, technical and hands-on information in a variety of professional and educational sessions, classrooms, workshops and field settings. Jodi L. Rudick, MAS. Jodi is a speaker, trainer, publicist, author and the Thomas Edison of marketing. Jodi is President of the ADvisors Marketing Group, a promotional agency founded in 1959. She is the author of four books related to marketing and publicity. For three consecutive years she was named Speaker of the Year for the international Promotional Products Association. Jodi has presented more than 500 workshops and seminars to audiences in over 40 states, Canada and Mexico. Her reputation attracts clients from Saudi Arabia to Brazil, San Diego to Maine and all points in between. She is known for endless enthusiasm, energy and creativity.
- Author(s)Anne M. Rothschadl,Jodi L. Rudick,Lynda J. Cochran
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note6 illustrations, 49 photos
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.