All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIan Fraser Kilmister (24 December 1945 28 December 2015) kwn to the world as Lemmy was more than just the driving force of Motorhead. Rewned for his skills as a raconteur and philosopher, he was first and foremost a musician and invator whose love of music led to his involvement in numerous projects beyond the scope of the band he formed in 1975. Hawkwind and Motorhead fan Alan Burridge had the idea to produce a fanzine about Motorhead in the summer of 1979. A few months later he encountered Lemmy, Fast Eddie Clarke and Philthy Animal Taylor four times on the 'Bomber' tour and the resulting interviews and gig reviews formed the basis of the first 'Motorheadbangers' fanzine in January 1980. Three years later Lemmy asked Alan to integrate the fanzine with the 'Motorheadbangers' fan club which had until then been organised by Phil's sister Helen and their father John. Alan took this on and has run it to the present day, with over 100 'Motorheadbangers' fanzines to his credit. In addition, he has also written several other books about his beloved Motorhead. Wholly immersed in all things related to Motorhead, Alan began listing and hunting down all of Lemmys extra-curricular activities. In 'Collateral Damage' he focuses the spotlight on the bands and projects in Lemmys life, before and parallel to Motorhead, cataloguing his appearances on film, TV, album tracks, singles and downloads. Given Lemmy's sad passing on December 28th 2015 'Collateral Damage' is a true celebration of life beyond Motorhead. The book does contain a handwritten foreword by Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead's last ever live appearance in Berlin, Germany, on December 11th 2015.
- Author(s)Alan Burridge
- PublisherJeske, Otger, u. Matthias Mader. I.P. Verlag
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintJeske, Otger, u. Matthias Mader. I.P. Verlag
- Content Note277 photos & images
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.