Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $15.05Trending at AU $16.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis gorgeous picture book is based on the inspirational story of Lemon the Pekin duck (as seen on MSNBC and in TIME for Kids), who was born in an elementary school classroom. Neurological issues make Lemon unable to walk, but with the support of a compassionate teacher and her students, Lemon is still able to become one happy duck! In the story, Ms. Lake and her class conduct an egg-hatching project in school and on the big day, welcome four little ducklings into the world. The students soon realize that the soft yellow one they named Lemon looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but can't stand up and walk like a duck. They worry that Lemon won't be happy if she can't do all the things ducks love to do, and work together to help Lemon thrive. Through caring for Lemon, the students share her in victories and learn that acceptance, love, and extra special care can go a long way. They also come to understand that her difference doesn't make Lemon any less special. To learn more about Lemon, visit www.lemontheduck.com.
- Author BiographyAuthor, school teacher, and reading specialist, Laura Backman, shares how a very special duck named Lemon came into her life in her children's book, Lemon the Duck. She dedicated Lemon's story to her father who passed away from Multiple Sclerosis. Profits from the book are donated to the MS Society and the Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary, a non-profit organization committed to finding homes for abandoned waterfowl. To learn more about Lemon, visit her website at http: //lemontheduck.co
- Author(s)Laura Backman
- PublisherLobster Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLobster Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight137 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.