All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Lenn was a highly opinionated and controversial figure with a commanding personality and quick wit. And he made a point of living his adventurous life as openly as possible. Whether he was experimenting with LSD, Transcendental Meditation, primal therapy, macrobiotic diets, or recording techniques, the public was on board every step of the way. He spoke candidly about his intense, sometimes tumultuous relationship with Yoko O, his split with the Beatles, his squabbles with Paul McCartney, and just about everything else, baring his emotional ups and downs for all to see. By the time he granted his and this book s final interview, only hours before his death, he had become one of the most famous people on the planet and an articulate commentator on politics, human relations, and world peace. <i>Lenn on Lenn</i>is an authoritative, chrologically arranged anthology of some of Lenn s most illuminating interviews, spanning the years 1964 to 1980. The majority have t been previously available in print, and several of the most important have t been widely available in any format. Interspersed throughout the book are key quotes from dozens of additional Q&As. Together, this material paints a revealing picture of the artist in his own words while offering a window into the cultural atmosphere of the sixties and seventies.
- Author Biography<b>Jeff Burger</b>is the editor of<i>Springsteen on Springsteen</i>and<i>Leonard Cohen on Leonard Cohen</i>. He has contributed to<i>Barron s</i>, <i>Family Circle</i>, <i>GQ</i>, the<i>Los Angeles Times</i>, <i>Reader s Digest</i>, and more than seventy-five other magazines, newspapers, and books. He lives in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleMusicians in Their Own Words
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJeff Burger
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.