Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionBest kwn for his work on the atomic bomb, Leo Szilard made important contributions to twentieth-century physics, biology, and information theory. He is, however, an interesting figure apart from his scientific accomplishments. In brief, he did t merely do science, but lived it as well. He was a true believer in science and its potential to save the world. This intellectual biography of Szilard captures the visionary centerpoint of his passion for science and public activism. This work will be of interest to historians of science, physicists, and biologists. Contents: The Intellectual Landscape; The Thunderclap and Its Antecedents; Moving into Nuclear Physics; A Time of Heartbreak and Frustration ; Down the Shaft; From Physics to Biology and Political Chivalry; Notes; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Grandy is Associate Professor of History at Brigham Young University-Hawaii.
- Author(s)David A. Grandy
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/05/1996
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight349 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.