All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeon: Fast Vegetarian enables you to make the most of the fresh vegetables available in markets, allotments, veg boxes and supermarkets. The philosophy at the heart of this book is about cooking and eating delicious, healthy fast food made from sustainable ingredients. Eating less - or - meat has become key to the way many of us cook and this collection of more than 150 really simple, really fast recipes, is a treat for vegivores everywhere. The first part of the book offers Star Turns, those vegetable-based dishes that can stand alone as a whole meal, with ideas for Breakfast & Brunch, Pasta, Grains & Pulses, Pies & Bakes, Rice & Curry and Kids while the second part, Supporting Cast, explores accompaniments and smaller plates with chapters on Grazing Dishes, Sides, and Pickles, Salsas, Chutneys & Dressings.
- Author BiographyLeon was founded on the twin principles that food can both taste good and do you good. When Henry Dimbleby, John Vincent and Allegra McEvedy opened their first restaurant, on London's Carnaby Street in July 2004, their aim was to change the face of fast food. Six months after opening, Leon was named the Best New Restaurant in Great Britain at the Observer Food Monthly Awards (by a judging panel that included Rick Stein, Gordon Ramsay, Nigel Slater, Heston Blumenthal, Ruth Rogers and Jay Rayner). There are now 43 Leon restaurants. Jane Baxter is co-author of The Riverford Farm Cook Book, which won Best First Book and Work on British Food at the Guild of Food Writers' awards. Jane worked at the Carved Angel in Dartmouth and the River Cafe before becoming the Head Chef at the Field Kitchen, the restaurant for Riverford Organic Vegetables. She now spends her time catering, consulting on local food matters in Devon and hosting food events in unusual locations. Henry Dimbleby also co-authored Leon: Naturally Fast Food and Leon: Baking & Puddings. He and John Vincent are currently advising the UK government with their School Food Plan.
- Author(s)Henry Dimbleby,Jane Baxter
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Series TitleLeon
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Content Note300 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight1350 g
- Width201 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.73
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.77
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.05
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.