All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume represents a unique opportunity to admire and understand, from a comprehensive perspective, Leonardos extraordinary complexity as an artist, painter and sketcher, and, in part, his work as a scientist and techlogist. This alluring volume is meant to illustrate, through twelve sections, some central themes in Leonardos entire artistic and scientific career, underlining some constants in his vision as an artist and a scientist, as well as his interdisciplinary vocation and continuous intermingling of interests. The catalog gathers oeuvres signed by Leonardo paintings, drawings and manuscripts introduced by works from his predecessors painters, sculptors, technicians, theorists which can contextualize Leonardos contribution to the history of art, science and techlogy while offering, at the same time, a vision of Leonardo the artist and scientist of his age, without giving in to myth-making and banality. Two final sections show the influence of Leonardo the painter and art theorist on the modern era and the creation of his legend, centered on Mona Lisa. The volume also includes masterpiece paintings by Leonardo, some of his original codes, and over one hundred signed drawings, as well as a considerable number of artworks, drawings, manuscripts, sculptures, and codes from major museums and libraries around the world and from private collections, with works by Antonello da Messina, Botticelli, Filippi Lippi, Paolo Uccello, Ghirlandaio, Verrocchio, Antonio and Piero del Pollaiolo, Jean van Eyck, Bramante, just to name a few.
- Author BiographyPietro C. Marani is professor of modern art history at the Milan Polytechnic. He was co-director of the restoration work for The Last Supper and coauthor of the catalogs of the exhibitions on Leonardo at the Louvre and Metropolitan Museum in 2013. Maria Teresa Fiorio teaches museum studies at the Milan -Statale- University.
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight3680 g
- Width249 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byMaria Teresa Fiorio,Pietro C. Marani
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.