All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.69
About this product
- DescriptionGermany's critically acclaimed Georg Buchner's beloved play about love, humor, and humanity adapted by one of Switzerland's most hored writers brings this tremendous piece of literature to young audiences as never before. In a comedy of errors, two young people, Leonce of Popo and Princess Lena of Pipi, are destined to make their peace in an arranged marriage. Horrified at the thought of t kwing their betrothed, they flee, but upon a chance meeting they are love struck. Overwhelmed with emotion, Lena departs leaving Leonce distraught. But the King insists that a wedding take place--royals or royals--for the people who have waited tirelessly to see a ceremony. Cloaked in masks two young people are brought to the altar--introduced as world famous robots--an effigy of a royal wedding. But when the masks are removed Leonce and Lena are euphoric to see each other's identities. It's a joyful affair and the King retires, passing the reigning power to Leonce. Leonce turns the kingdom into a theatre and bans all clocks and calendars.
- Author BiographyKarl Georg Buchner (1813 -1837) was a German dramatist and writer. Buchner's work is tremendously respected in Germany. His potential for greatness has been compared to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Friedrich Schiller.
- Author(s)Jurge Amman,Lisbeth Zwerger
- PublisherNorth-South Books
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth-South Books
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight531 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.