All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeg Bergman is 15 and fed up. She lives in a tiny town in rural 1990s South Africa - a hot-bed of traditionalism, racial tension and (in Meg's eyes) ordinariness. Meg has friends either, due largely to what the community sees as her mother's interfering attempts to educate farm workers about AIDS. But one day Xanthe arrives - Cool, urban, feisty Xanthe who, for some unkwn reason, seems to want to hang out with Meg.Xanthe arrives into Meg's life like a hurricane, offering her a look at a teenage life she never knew existed. But cracks quickly begin to appear in their friendship when Meg's childhood friend Simon returns from his gap year travels. LEOPOLD BLUE is an emotionally taught and beautifully written story from a debut author with a mesmerising voice.
- Author BiographyRosie Rowell was born and grew up in Cape Town, South Africa. In 2003 she left for London on a short working holiday with a backpack and a pair of hiking boots. Eleven years later she has lost the backpack but gained a husband and three small children. The hiking boots remain unused. Rosie is currently doing an MA in Creative & Life Writing at Goldsmiths University of London, and LEOPOLD BLUE is her first novel.
- PrizesWinner of Branford Boase Award 2015.
- Author(s)Rosie Rowell
- PublisherHot Key Books
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHot Key Books
- Weight228 g
- Width17 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine129 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.55
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.