All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFalsely accused of murder, the seduced and abandoned heroine of this powerful drama ultimately finds forgiveness and reconciliation. Czech composer Leos Janacek set Jenufa in a village of his native Moravia, spending eight years on its completion. He waited ather dozen years between its local debut in 1904 and its first performance in Prague in 1916, where it was an instant success and ushered in a remarkably creative period for the composer (who was already well into his 60s). Janacek's fame spread steadily throughout Europe and the United States, where Jenufa premiered in 1924 and remains a popular favorite. This inexpensive edition will prove an indispensable rehearsal aid for soloists, chorus members, and accompanists. Unabridged republication of the Universal Edition, 1917, in Czech and English. Introduction to the Dover edition by Stanley Appelbaum.
- Author(s)Leos Janacek
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication23/01/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight540 g
- Width188 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.