Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe first-ever joke book from one of the UK's best-loved comedians, Les Dawson's Joke Book is a must for any fan of this perennially popular comedian. Collecting together the highlights of his 26-year career across radio and television, from his early days on Opportunity Kcks to Cissie and Ada. A lover of language, Les was a secret poet and was fond of high culture, often undercutting his own admiration of the art forms for comic effect. The book includes examples of all his most famous sketches, comic come-backs and stand-up routines. From working-class roots to a comedian beloved by millions, Les Dawson's Joke Book is a celebration of Les's humour at its very best, compiled from his personal archive by his wife and daughter, it is the must-have for any fan.
- Author BiographyLes Dawson (1931-1993) was a popular English comedian who had a fantastically successful career across radio and television. His shows included the eponymous The Dawson Watch, The Les Dawson Show and Dawson's Weekly, as well as - of course - the quiz show Blankety Blank. He was included in The Comedian's Comedian, a 2005 Channel 4 documentary, which listed the top 50 comedians of all time, as voted for by fellow comedians and showbiz insiders.
- Author(s)Les Dawson
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/01/2017
- Weight108 g
- Width111 mm
- Height144 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.