All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to present an illustrated vision in the history of French pendulum-clocks, between the time of Louis XIV and the Empire, through their stylistic evolution. It is far from easy to distinguish between a real 18th-century clock and a 19th-century imitation, properly estimating its commercial value, to which contribute the beauty of the decoration, the quality of materials, the presence of the original clockwork, the state of conservation, the rarity of the piece and its artistry. In this book, addressed to both collectors and all lovers of the decorative arts, Giacomo and Aurelie Wannenes analyze hundreds of elegant French pendulum-clocks of different value and appearance, highlighting qualities and defects, with the aim of offering a wide and comprehensive repertoire of this antiques genre and at the same time to enrich the kwledge base of those who for the first time approach it.
- Author(s)Aur Wannenes,Aurelie Wannenes,Giacomo Wannenes
- PublisherEdizioni Polistampa
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- LanguageEnglish & French & Italian
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintEdizioni Polistampa
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
Most relevant reviews
- h8031723 Oct, 2015by
Les Plus Belles Pendules Francaises
This is one the finest books I have on clocks..
Verified purchase: No
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.