All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Panzer-Abteilung s.SS 103/ 503 first saw action in southern Russia, during the Don campaign and the withdrawal from Stalingrad. It was upgraded in April 1943, receiving 24 new Tigers, completing their complement of 45 Tigers. Having lost only four Tigers during the Kursk offensive and a further four during the withdrawal, the unit received 12 replacements in August 1943. In late 1943, sPzAbt 503 was made part of Panzer Regiment Bake , a special battle group which fought in several fierce engagements in the Dnieper sector near Cherkassy. The sPzAbt 503 remained assigned to PzRgt. Bake until April 1944, then was withdrawn and sent to the West for refitting. After the success of two previous volumes devoted to these heavy tanks, this history of the Panzer-Abteilung s.SS 103/503 units is illustrated with 450 photographs, maps and various documents, as well as 20 colour profiles. French Language.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Schneider has written widely on the development and history of armored vehicles. A tank officer in the German Army, he is editor of Tanks of the World.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Schneider
- PublisherEditions Heimdal
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBayeux
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintEditions Heimdal
- Content NoteFully illustrated throughout
- Weight1297 g
- Width215 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.