All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionLesbians Rock Volume 6 like previous collections include stories depicting the lives of lesbians as they face their parents and family members, meet new friends and fall in love. Their gentle love celebrates the lives they're thankful they can live in school, community, at work and with accepting and understanding family members. They face rejection from families, loss of jobs and friends when they ackwledge the romantic hearts beating in their breasts. Lesbian couples share joy, happiness, fear of dangerous people, suicide as well as sharing sweet loving moments. Some deal with addiction, alcoholism, battering and the grief of losing the woman they love. Many spend decades living as society and religion demands before courageously coming out as the lesbian she kws she has always been. Some quickly form a long term loving relationship and stay together for decades until death alone ends the relationship. Some break-up or file for divorce in states where marriage equality has provided them a marriage license. Lesbian relationships described in the stories are shown in their devotion and lasting love as well as their uncomfortable moments as two human beings in a lifelong relationship. Excerpts from Lesbians Rock Volume 6: She walked toward Lori who swept off the sweater that covered her shoulders, stepped out of her high heels and with a smile on her face, she met Shelia and began a soft, long kiss. After four hours in the Emergency Room, Jeriann was released to go home. Martha put her arm around her and walked with her to the parking lot and the sedan. We're going to my house. I want you to stay with me until we kw she's locked up permanently. She just can't hurt you again. I won't have it. You're too precious to be hurt like that. Julie pays him then tips him a dollar. No, it's my first time in any gay bar. I've come here because I want to live whom I really am. I'm coming out for the first time. My heart has always been attracted to the female gender. I didn't kw where to go to be with lesbians and gays except to a gay bar, and I found that Embers Avenue is a gay bar. Julie takes Molly's hand, looks at her, and Molly moves her lips to kiss her new wife. The kiss continues as they embrace and it doesn't stop until both are undressed and Molly has lovingly devoured the woman in her arms. Her kisses over Julie's soft skin from her lips to her thighs excites Julie in a way that she has never kwn before. Having been married for sixteen years to one of those men whose way of making love was slam bam, thank you, mam focus only on himself, Julie had never kwn such gentle, sweet loving and the final ecstasy that Molly gave her. Margo was lying half on the seat, half off, her eyes open, unconscious. Amy tried to do two things at once, call 911 Emergency on her cell phone and check to see if Margo had a pulse. She felt pulse as the 911 Emergency operator answered. Send help to 9877 Northview. My wife's unconscious. Hurry. Honey, that was perfect. Truly lay her head on Inez's shoulder. What an amazing lover you are. I feel like I've just been to heaven and back; yet we're in a pickup in a desert. I have a feeling everything's going to be wonderful with you. I'm so lucky you found me. She closed her eyes allowing the pleasurable sensations bathe the inside of her.
- Author BiographyAnn Gross Patterson, now living in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. with her partner/wife of fourteen years awaits the day when her state will join sixteen other states to allow gay marriage. They own their home and have pets including two small dogs, one adopted cat, a cottontail rabbit, four laying hens and a pet turkey named T-Bird. Ann, a teenager in the 1950's, knew her romantic heart was different than her sister's who was 'boy crazy' and had a boyfriend from her early teens. Ann knew she had a 'girl crush' on various girls, then women; even so, she married a man who pursued her throughout her college years because the pressure from parents, church and society. She divorced after sixteen years and three wonderful children, when her husband became abusive. After raising her children as a single mother and her first grandson his final teen years, she followed her heart and came out publicly as a lesbian. From that day forward, she has remained proud and happy as the lesbian she had always known she was. Her children accepted her decision and continued to love and accept her as they always had. Ann began writing at the age of sixty-nine and found her primary genre to be lesbian romance. Her stories tell about ordinary women, lesbians whose hearts are naturally attracted to women, not men. The characters in her stories live real lives in ordinary homes, facing real and ordinary problems while sharing the same romantic love known by heterosexual/straight couples. Together they purchase homes, enjoy pets of all kinds, go to church when accepted at the church of their choice, take vacations, grill steaks on the patio, face their problems and contribute to their communities while also enjoying the company of gay friends and straight friends and neighbors. Her stories are written not only for lesbians and their friends but also for Questioning youth, Just Out women and for family members of gays and lesbians who desire to understand the ordinary lives of gay couples. Ann graduated from Modesto High School and Fresno State University, both in California, and taught Creative Writing to eighth grade students starting in 1960. From that day she intended to write a book but put it off for fifty years. Today, she encourages anyone who has ever said, Someday I'm going to write a book to do it now instead of waiting for the years to pass. She served in official capacity as management for numerous nonprofit organizations in Idaho and Oregon.
- Author(s)MS Ann Patterson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.