Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionIts lively and invative approach gets students reading complete stories in German quickly; encourages creativity in discussion, role play and writing; and explores topics central to the IB Language B syllabus and to the UK AS and A2 specifications. This title provides a wide range of activities which can lead to differentiated outcomes, allowing students to work at their own level and offers insight into life in Germany and into aspects of post-war German history and society. Full teacher's tes are supplied for every exercise, with suggested methods of exploitation and suggested answers. Photocopiable students' worksheets are also provided.
- Author BiographyMartina Esser: Head of Foreign Languages and Classics as well as Deputy Manager for Quality and Higher Education at Exeter College, she is also a Principal Examiner for Cambridge International Examinations and has worked for other major exam boards in the past. She is an experienced writer of German and French textbooks and has many years experience of teaching both Language B for the International Baccalaureate and A level. She has also been involved in teacher education for many years. Ted Neather: After teaching French and German in schools, he became Adviser for Modern Languages to the Somerset Local Education Authority and then Director of Summer Schools at the Open University, before moving to Exeter where he was Senior Lecturer in Education. During the Summer Semester 1992 he was Visiting Professor of Education at the University of Dresden. Until retirement he was Chief Examiner for French and German with the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and Principal Scrutineer for German with QCA. He has served on numerous government bodies concerned with the teaching and testing of foreign languages, and has lectured and written extensively on French, German and English education as well as on aspects of language teaching methodology. Annette Duensing: Senior Lecturer and Staff Tutor in the Department of Languages, Faculty of Education and Language Studies at the Open University, UK, Annette has written and reviewed numerous German study materials and contributed chapters to pedagogical and student books on language teaching and learning.
- Author(s)Martina Esser,Ted Neather
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdvance Materials
- Content Noteblack and white line drawings and photos
- Weight510 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byAnnette Duensing,Sandra Finnenkoetter
- Illustrator(s)Sue Ollerenshaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.