All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw that stress can reduce your lifespan by several years? It deteriorates health by releasing harmful hormones in the body that consume the muscles, slow down metabolism, raise blood sugar and blood pressure, decrease energy production, render digestion less efficient, weaken the immune system, weaken the heart, and impair the brain. Recently, stress has also been linked to n-age related macular degeneration. In other words, stress causes you to be less efficient and functional. Contrary to what many people believe, stress is t just in the mind but is also a physical phemen that manifests through tangible signs and symptoms. These signs and symptoms t only affect quality of life but can also change your life forever. Relationships get broken, careers lost, emotional stability lost - stress definitely alters the way you perceive happiness and feel comfort, so unless you do something about it, your life might t be as fulfilling as you want it to be. Balancing stress and relaxation is very important for achieving well-being. Yet, why should you balance stress out instead of getting rid of it? As the title of the book implies - Less Stressed - the goal here is to lower stress while increasing relaxation because completely eliminating stress is quite impossible. It is everywhere, and whether you like it or t, it will always be a part of life. It can be your neighbor, the ecomy, the traffic, or even the weather. Before you are introduced to easy-to-follow yet effective relaxation techniques, this book first deals with your biggest enemy - your mind. Stress is a ghost that hides inside your subconscious mind, so it is important to clear your headfirst and understand what stress is really all about.
- Author(s)Alice Richards
- Date of Publication26/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.