All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the last two centuries, Western philosophy has developed in the shadow of Hegel, whose influence each new thinker tries in vain to escape. As a consequence, Hegel's absolute idealism has become the bogeyman of philosophy, obscuring his dominance as the philosopher of the epochal historical transition to modernity. In Less Than Nothing, the pinnacle publication of a distinguished career, Slavoj A iA ek argues that it is imperative we t simply return to Hegel but we repeat and exceed his triumphs, overcoming his limitations by being even more Hegelian than the master himself. Such an approach t only enables A iA ek to diagse our present condition, but also to engage in a critical dialogue with the key strands of contemporary thought. Modernity will begin and end with Hegel.
- Author BiographySlavoj A iA ek is a Slovenian philosopher and cultural critic. He is a professor at the European Graduate School, International Director of the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities, Birkbeck College, University of London, and a senior researcher at the Institute of Sociology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. His books include Living in the End Times ; First as Tragedy, Then as Farce ; In Defense of Lost Causes ; four volumes of the Essential A iA ek; and many more.
- Author(s)Slavoj Zizek
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight1320 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.