All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLesson planning is an essential component of every teacher's practice. It is part of a three-tiered, integrated pedagogy: planning, teaching and evaluation. Drawing on the work of skilful teachers and the latest research, this book provides a rationale for lesson planning as an integral part of a teacher's work. It introduces the key concepts and skills of lesson planning and provides a practical framework for their development. The book helps the reader to make an informed choice about the approaches they use to plan lessons, taking into account their subject area and the requirements of individual learners. Covering all aspects of short, medium and long-term planning, chapters include: * Writing Appropriate Learning Objectives and Outcomes * Designing and Structuring Engaging Teaching Activities * Resourcing the Lesson * Assessing Students' Learning * Strategies for Personalised Learning * Evaluating Your Lesson The book also includes practical and reflective activities to help the reader apply the ideas discussed to their own work and key questions to encourage the development of their skilful pedagogy. This highly practical book is essential reading for trainee and practising teachers.
- Author BiographyJonathan Savage is a Reader in Education and Enterprise Fellow at the Institute of Education, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. He teaches on various PGCE courses and doctoral studies programmes. Jonathan is also Managing Director of UCan Play, a not-for-profit company dedicated to supporting innovative approaches to education with technology.
- Author(s)Jonathan Savage
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.