All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionLessons in Immunity: From Single-cell Organisms to Mammals stems from the activity of the Italian Association of Developmental and Comparative Immubiology (IADCI), represented by the editors. This book is presented as a series of short overviews that report on the current state of various relevant fields of immubiology from an evolutionary perspective. The overviews are written by authors directly involved in the research, and most are members of the IADCI or have otherwise been involved in the related research for their respective overview. This publication offers scientists and teachers an easy and updated reference tool.
- Author BiographyLoriano Ballarin is associate professor of Zoology at the Dept of Biology, University of Padova (Faculty of Science). He got his Master in Biological Sciences at the University of Pisa and the Licence in Biology of the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa in 1982. After some research experiences abroad (University of Zurich, CH; Glaxo, Ware, UK) and in Italy (Glaxo S.p.A., Verona) he got his PhD in Evolutionary Biology at the University of Padova in 1989. His main interest is to elucidate the role of hemocytes in immunobiology of marine invertebrates, with particular reference to ascidians. Matteo Cammarata is the author and co-author of more than 100 scientific paper published in peer-reviewed scientific journals and scientific books and has been an invited speaker at various international and national scientific conferences. His research interests are focused on the main mechanisms of the cell-mediated immune system and its evolution and even on vertebrate and invertebrate commercial species for transferability component of biotechnology achievements.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLoriano Ballarin,Matteo Cammarata
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.