All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe global phemen of the aging of societies during a period of outstanding scientific, ecomic, and techlogical advancements is a blessing for humanity. These fundamental changes, however, create new needs and problems in all areas of life, often difficult to address. In some countries, the trend is towards compression of the period of age-related morbidity - fewer years of living with disabilities - but the absolute numbers of elderly people living with disabilities are increasing worldwide. This book highlights a series of global threats, problems and challenges in the areas of care and caregiving, through the prism of three multicultural nations: the United States, Israel and Australia. The contributors to this book, experts in their fields, focus on the art of caregiving at the national level, including the interface between family and state responsibilities, policies and practices in the provision of services, and the demands for education and training, as well as the problems and difficulties faced by family caregivers. This is the second of two edited volumes on aging and caregiving. The first, Lessons on Aging from Three Nations - Volume I: The Art of Aging Well , examines positive aspects of and successful adaptations to aging. This book will be of interest to students of gerontology and geriatrics; those working in ngovernmental organizations - private, for-profit and n-profit agencies, including voluntary charitable and religious groups, those working in national regional and local governments, and all general readers intrigued with the aging of societies and longevity.
- Author(s)Carol A. Morse,Fernando M. Torres-Gil,Jon Hendricks,Sara Carmel
- PublisherBaywood Publishing Company Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSociety and Aging Series
- Place of PublicationAmityville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaywood Publishing Company Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight476 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.