All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRachel Corrie's determination to make a better, more peaceful world took her from Olympia, Washington, to the Middle East, where she died in 2003 as she tried to block the demolition of a Palestinian family's home in the Gaza Strip. A twenty-three-year-old American activist, Corrie also possessed a striking gift for poetry, writing, and drawing. Let Me Stand Alone, a selection of her journals, letters, and drawings as chosen by her family, reveals her story in her own hand, from her precocious reflections as a young girl to her final emails. Corrie's words--whether writing about the looming issues of our time or the ordinary angst of an American teen--bring to life all that it means to come of age: a dawning sense of self, a thirst for one's own ideals, and an evolving connection to others, near and far.
- Author BiographyRachel Corrie was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement who was crushed to death by an Israeli Defence Forces bulldozer during an attempt to protect a Palestinian home in the Gaza Strip.
- Author(s)Rachel Corrie
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note35 illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.