All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeer is the world's favourite drink, yet too often it's shrouded in mystery, myth and complex-sounding termilogy. This -nsense guide cuts straight through all of this, with simple advice on how to seek out and enjoy the immense range of flavours on offer, in Melissa's trademark chatty style. The maxim that beer should always be fun runs right through this book. Melissa covers all the key essentials: Flavours - explore the tastes you most enjoy and find other similar beers; Practical details - choose, buy, serve and taste beer with confidence; Food and beer matching - find the beer to complement your food; Beer styles - explore the main styles from around the world (wild beers, wheat beers, lagers, golden and blonde ales, farmhouse ales, IPAs and pale ales, bitters, trappists and abbey beers, barley wines, Scotch ales and old ales, mild ales, porters and stouts, fruit, field, spice and all things nice, and the lunatic fringe); Recommendations - over 200 recommended beers to try with Melissa's original tasting tes. A true beginner's guide written in an unpretentious and easy-to-read style.
- Author BiographyMelissa Cole is one of the UK's leading beer experts and a respected international beer judge, with over a decade of writing, broadcasting and evangelizing about the world's favourite drink. She's not shy of the practical side either, regularly joining up with leading craft brewers to produce collaboration brews which have proved popular with consumers and gained her respect within the industry. Her goal in life is to demystify beer jargon and to help more people enjoy quality brews, whether through the pages of this book or her popular blog Taking the Beard Out of Beer, or at her regular appearances at top food and drink festivals worldwide.
- Author(s)Melissa Cole
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content NoteOver 100 colour images
- Weight1017 g
- Width200 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.