All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the host of NPR affiliate's Forum with Michael Krasny, a compendium of Jewish jokes that packs the punches with hilarious riff after riff and also offers a window into Jewish culture.Michael Krasny has been telling Jewish jokes since his bar mitzvah, and it's been said that he kws more of them than anyone on the planet. He certainly states his case in this wise, enlightening, and hilarious book that t only collects the best of Jewish humor passed down from generation to generation, but explains the cultural expressions and anxieties behind the laughs.-What's Jewish Alzheimer's?-<br/>-You forget everything but the grudges.--You must be so proud. Your daughter is the President of the United States!-<br/>-Yes. But her brother is a doctor!--Isn't Jewish humor masochistic?-<br/>-No. And if I hear that one more time I am going to kill myself.-With his background as a scholar and public-radio host, Krasny delves deeply into the themes, topics, and form of Jewish humor: chauvinism undercut by irony and self-mockery, the fear of losing cultural identity through assimilation, the importance of vocal inflection in joke-telling, and calls to communal memory, including the use of Yiddish.Borrowing from traditional humor and such Jewish comedy legends as Jackie Mason, Mel Brooks, and Joan Rivers, Larry David, Sarah Silverman, Jerry Seinfeld and Amy Schumer, Let There Be Laughter is an absolute pleasure for the chosen and goyim alike.
- Author(s)Michael Krasney
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.