All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn April 4th, 1968 a shot rang out in the Memphis sky bringing to a close the life of the last great American hero, the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jnr. Although kwn to most for the delivery of his I Have a Dream address, which followed the peaceful march on Washington DC of 250,000 people, and as the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (at age thirty-five), King in his eleven years as elected president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, an organisation formed to provide new leadership to the burgeoning civil rights movement, travelled over six million miles and spoke over twenty-five hundred times, appearing wherever there was injustice, protest, and action. Let the Trumpet Sound is the detailed examination of this life, written by Stephen B Oates, winner of the Robert E Kennedy Memorial Book Award and the Christopher Award.
- Author BiographyStephen B. Oates is the winner of the Robert E. Kennedy Memorial Book Award and the Christopher Award. Among his many books are With Malice Toward None: A Life of Abraham Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln: The Man Behind the Myths, and The Fires of Jubilee: Nat Turner's Fierce Rebellion.
- Author(s)Stephen B. Oates
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/1998
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight549 g
- Width133 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.