All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2016 IACP Award Nominee! According to Jacques Pepin, the moment for a child to be in the kitchen is from the moment they are born. Previously published under the title Kids Cook French, Let's Cook French, written by his daughter Claudine Pepin, is a fun, interactive, bilingual cookbook for families that introduces the art and joy of French cooking. It teaches better eating habits and the importance of culture, while providing quality family bonding time. Featuring classic, simple dishes inspired by French cuisine, each recipe is shown in both French and English and accompanied by charming illustrations. With an emphasis on fresh ingredients and hands-on preparation, dishes include traditional starters, main courses, and desserts. Your child's creativity will be sparked, as will your deeper connection with them. D'apres Jacques Pepin, la place d'un enfant dans une cuisine debute la minute ou il est ne Let's cook French, ecrit par sa fille Claudine, est un livre de cuisine ludique et bilingue pour toute la famille qui presente d'art et la joie de cuisiner. Mettant en vedette les plats classiques inspires de la cuisine francaise, chaque recette est presentee en Francais et en anglais, accompagnee de belles illustrations. Mettant en avant des ingredients frais et des preparations pratiques, les differents mets incluent des entrees, plats et desserts. Cela eveillera la creativite de vos enfants et vous rendra plus proche d'eux. Alors qu'ils viennent dans cette cuisine et commencent a jouer les chefs !
- Author BiographyMany of you have watched CLAUDINE PEPIN in partnership with her father, world-renown chef, JACQUES PEPIN, preparing delicious meals and sharing cooking techniques on Public Television. All three of their series have received the notable James Beard Award. In addition, Claudine has had numerous television appearances including Cooking Live with Sara Moulton, Good Morning America, and Multo-Mario. Claudine and Jacques Pepin appear together for a final cooking series Jacques Pepin: Heart & Soul. With an undergraduate degree in Political Science and Philosophy, and graduate work in International Relations from Boston University, Claudine spent a great deal of time in the wine industry. She spent two years as the 'Brand Ambassador' for Moet & Chandon and Dom Perignon Champagne in New York while also teaching food and wine pairing for both the French Culinary Institute and the Sommelier Society in New York. In 2002, Claudine was named Woman of the Year by the Academie Culinaire de France - Filiale des Etas Unis. She continues to do television as well as events including The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show, and the Aspen, Newport, Kohler and Pebble Beach Food & Wine Magazine weekends and is a guest instructor and host for Food University which tours nationally. Claudine, her husband Rollie, a Faculty Member at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, along with their daughter Shorey, and two mischievous cats, have relocated from Colorado to Rhode Island. Her philosophy for food is closely tied to family. Claudine cooks at home almost every day, believing that sharing a meal with family and friends, eating, laughing and spending time together at the table is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things in life. Food doesn't have to be complicated. It needs to be wholesome, nutritious and preferably well seasoned. And, it's always best when shared with those you love.
- Author(s)Claudine Pepin
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width215 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jacques Pepin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.