CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica's entry into World War I in 1917 was marked by the need to quickly build an Army and deploy it to France. Among the units deploying was the 29th Blue and Gray Division. Comprised of National Guardsmen from the Mid-Atlantic region, it quickly achieved a reputation as a top-tch outfit during the Meuse-Argonne campaign. This reputation was enhanced in World War II when the 29th was selected for the assault on German-occupied France in the D-Day landings of June 6, 1944. The courage and sacrifice shown by Guardsmen that day was later matched in bloody fighting at St Lo, Brest, and Julich. In the years that followed, the 29th would add to its lustrous reputation by becoming the Guard's first Light division and serving effectively as peacekeepers in the Balkans--at times only fifty miles from where World War I started. Using previously unpublished material and images from 1917 to 2001, here is their story.
- Author BiographyAlexander Barnes is an Army civilian at Fort Lee, Virginia. He served in the Marine Corps and Army National Guard, retiring as CW4. He has a masters degree in Anthropology and authored In a Strange Land; The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923. Tim Williams is an Army civilian in the Combined Arms Support Command, Fort Lee, Virginia. Hes an alumnus of Virginia Tech and the U.S. Army War College. Additionally, he is a Colonel serving in the Virginia Army National Guard.
- Author(s)Alexander F. Barnes
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight1765 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.