All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people regard meetings as places where productivity goes to die. But in this book, leading consultants Dick and Emily Axelrod share a way to meet that enables you to get work done right there in the meeting, an approach they've spent thirty years field testing. Using the same work-design principles that transformed the mind-numbing assembly line into the dynamic factory floor and make video games so engaging, they offer a flexible, repeatable process that has already been used to run thousands of productive meetings in all kinds of organizations. The Axelrods show how to design every aspect of a meeting-from the way you greet people at the beginning to how you sum up at the end-so that the experience will be energizing, rather than exhausting, and relevant and helpful to every participant. Dubbed the Meeting Cae (since, like a cae, it adapts to changing conditions and is a collective effort), this approach is a seismic shift in the way we view, use, and participate in meetings. The many current users of this system will never go back. Neither will you.
- Author BiographyDick Axelrod co-founded The Axelrod Group, Inc., a consulting firm that pioneered the use of employee involvement to effect large-scale organizational change. He now brings more than thirty-five years of consulting and teaching experience to his work, with clients including Boeing, Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, Hewlett-Packard, and the NHS. Dick is faculty in Columbia University's, USA Professional Program in Organization Development and the University of Chicago's Leadership Arts Program, USA. He also serves on the board of Berrett-Koehler Publishers. Dick authored Terms of Engagement: Changing the Way We Change Organizations , and co-authored You Don't Have to Do It Alone: How to Involve Others to Get Things Done , which the New York Times called the best of the current crop of books on this subject. His latest e-book is How to Get People to Care About What You Find Important . Emily M. Axelrod is co-founder of The Axelrod Group, Inc. Emily and Richard contributed to The Change Handbook and The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion .
- Author(s)Emily Axelrod,Richard Axelrod
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleUK Professional Business Management / Business
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight250 g
- Width56 mm
- Height86 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.