CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis series is in direct response to the Williams Review which states that 'encouraging pupils to talk mathematically is a key component in any successful pedagogy on a whole-class basis, as a regular part of the daily mathematics lesson.' To initiate mathematical discussion, each activity in these books starts with a whiteboard stimulus - this could be simply a set of mental maths questions, which teachers discuss with pupils to establish strategies and techniques, or it could be a problem to solve, a pattern to continue, a set of shapes to discuss or a set of questions that the pupils have to work through in written form after the discussion. Some of the activities are deliberately short and others open-ended with thought-provoking questions, outlined in the Teachers' tes, encouraging interactivity between the pupil and teacher and from pupil to pupil. Each book features 30 activities with an introductory page showing Learning Objectives, Learning Outcomes and Success Criteria (i.e. how to make effective assessments of pupils' progress) followed by a page featuring a screenshot of the whiteboard with suggested questions, discussion points vocabulary and assessment pointers.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brodie was a head teacher for twelve years after many successful years in the primary classroom. He began writing his best-selling educational books in 1992 and since then has established himself as a name that teachers have come to trust. He is still very much involved in education and continues to teach on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Andrew Brodie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMaths
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndrew Brodie Publications
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content NoteBlack and white line
- Weight286 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Interest Agefrom 7 to 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.