Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionLet's THINK About Feelings provides child-friendly tools for therapists who use cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). It is expected that therapists using this resource already have a sound theoretical understanding of CBT and a repertoire of CBT interventions that they use with clients. Let's THINK About Feelings supplements those interventions, by providing activities and visual tools that make the principles of CBT more accessible for young people. Part 1 includes tools to help children differentiate emotions and identify stressors. Part 2 includes tools to help children regulate emotions and behavior, focusing on response inhibition, cognitive flexibility, self-calming and self-monitoring, and problem solving. Contains dozens of reproducible tools and visually engaging worksheets.
- Author BiographyDaniel Yeager is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Registered Play Therapist and Play Therapist-Supervisor. His interest and experience in the areas of child and adolescent development have led him to become an active proponent of both play therapy and mental health education for families. He uses an active and eclectic approach that enables him to work effectively with children and their parents as well with other professionals. Daniel presents training nation-wide for professionals on topics related to ADHD, executive function, social skills training, and play therapy. Marcie Fields Yeager is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Registered Play Therapist and Play Therapist-Supervisor. She has extensive experience in providing play therapy for young children adjusting to situational stress and trauma. She has also designed programs for teaching children communication and problem-solving skills through the use of literature, creative drama and games. Her first therapeutic game was the winner of the Childswork/Childsplay Games to Help People contest. She has gone on to create numerous other therapeutic games which are used by therapists and counselors throughout the world. She also created Courageous Kids and Hurricane Heroes, a packet of information and activities that was used in schools to help children adjust to changes in their lives brought about by Hurricane Katrina The Yeagers are the authors of Simon Says Pay Attention: Help for Children with ADHD (2009) and of Executive Function and Child Development (2013, W.W. Norton) and of a chapter in The Therapeutic Powers of Play: Twenty Core Agents of Change (2013, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd ed.) In 2007, the Yeagers jointly received the Social Worker of the Year Award from the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter. In 2013 they received both the Play Therapist of the Year Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Louisiana Association for Play Therapy.
- Author(s)Daniel Yeager Lcsw,Marcie Yeager Lcsw
- PublisherGolden Path Games
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGolden Path Games
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.