Letters from Wishing Rock: A Novel with Recipes by Pam Stucky (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- Description<b><i>Letters from Wishing Rock (a vel with recipes)</i> is the first book in the Wishing Rock series.</b><b><i>Letters from Wishing Rock</i> is a 2013 B.R.A.G. Medallion Horee. This signifies that this book is well worth a reader's time and money! </b><b>Awarded the Awesome Indies Seal of Approval</b> by awesomeindies.net Puget Sound's quiet islands, Scotland's dazzling attractions, witty email exchanges, and free recipes - <b>this book is practically designed to woo me. And it worked</b>.... What it reminded me of most, actually, was the show Northern Exposure, which I also loved. Molly Ringle, author <b>The author's wonderful sense of fun comes through</b> her characters' predicaments and escapades. Cathey Cone It was just what the doctor ordered, <b>fresh, quirky, funny in places and seasoned with wisdom. Light without being frivolous</b>, it follows the story of a woman trying to find someone to fill her desire for true love and family. Tahlia Newland, author I laughed a lot while I read <i>Wishing Rock.</i> But even more than the laughter, I deeply appreciated the <b>nuggets of wisdom and philosophy</b> that are tucked within each chapter. When I came to the last page and laid the book down, <b>I walked away with a renewed hope and a desire to live each of my days to the fullest.</b> Joanne Haagenson I just finished reading <i>Letters from Wishing Rock: A Novel With Recipes</i> by Pam Stucky, and loved it! So much fun, <b>made me want to move to Wishing Rock</b>. Delightful characters, Ruby, Erin Pip, Ed, Jake, Pip, Millie, and one of my favorites Gran to name a few will keep you entertained through the emails and texts to each other. Kim in Kentucky <b>I wish this series would have been around when I was younger</b> and still trying to figure out what I wanted in a relationship and in life in general. PLL (review of <i>The Wishing Rock Theory of Life</i>, second in the series <i>Letters from Wishing Rock</i> is the first vel in the Wishing Rock series, followed by <i>The Wishing Rock Theory of Life</i>. Be sure to watch for the third and final book in the series, to be published in spring 2013! What would happen if everyone in town lived in the same building? Ruby Parker is about to find out. Her fiance has left her and she needs a fresh start, so she moves to Wishing Rock, Washington, a small town on Dogwinkle Island in the waters near Seattle, where she meets a quirky cast of characters who quickly become family. Letters between the neighbors and their friends chronicle the twists and turns of the characters' daily lives. There's Jake, a handsome and charming first-year medical student who catches Ruby's eye from the start, despite his being over a decade younger. Millie, a Wishing Rock resident for forty years, runs the town's library, post office, newsletter and grocery store, kws everyone and everything, and shares the history of the area with her playful wit. World traveler and psychic Alexandra bestows insight and wisdom with humor and compassion, and Ruby's Gran heads to the United Kingdom, heeding her own advice to seize the day. And then there's Ed; if something fun is going on, the grandson of the town's founding father is likely at the center of it. Amidst all this action, Ruby manages to find passion and companionship, but will she be able to open her heart to love? Online dating, a group trip to Scotland, a discussion about dogwinkles, a fateful hoedown, and friendships old and new, all interspersed with recipes from some of the town's best cooks, make Wishing Rock come alive in this delightful and insightful look at life, love, relationships, and community.
- Author BiographyPam Stucky, a native of the Pacific Northwest, is the author of the Wishing Rock series (novels with recipes), starting with <i>Letters from Wishing Rock</i>, and the Pam on the Map travelogue series, books that take readers along on Pam's journeys and adventures around the world. She recently ventured into YA sci-fi with the Balky Point Adventures, starting with <i>The Universes Inside the Lighthouse</i>. Pam dreams one day of writing books with one-word titles. Visit Pam at www.pamstucky.com.
- Author(s)Pam Stucky
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight279 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.