All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionFor many years Multiple Personality Disorder was simply referred to as Sybil, the character brought to light by Sally Field's stunning acting ability. More recently, The United States of Tara has also shed light on this condition, although it is w considered Dissociative Identity Disorder. This book provides a true glimpse into the otherwise hidden world of DID, through the writings of an individual who has been diagsed for almost 20 years with this condition. Despite the horrors of childhood abuse that contributed to the creation of various personalities, many important life lessons have been acquired along the way. That of survival and the firm belief in the ability to do so against all odds.
- Author BiographyShelly Dowen-Johnson currently travels with her husband across the United States. She has two children, one diagnosed with Early Onset Childhood Schizophrenia as unfortunately this gene is carried within the Dowen family line. With love and tender care, Shelly has compiled a series of letters to her children, in order for them to not only understand the diagnosis of DID, but to be provided an unusual and rare glimpse into the heart of the disability itself.
- Author(s)Mrs Shelly Ilene Dowen-Johnson
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.