All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe beauty of long-distance ocean travel is that you climb on board, unpack your things and stay in one place while the ship does all the traveling for you. And then what? your friends ask. Forty-nine days of empty ocean look like a long time, but in these engaging letters home about the characters on board, the ports exotic and dull, the workings of the ship itself, and the endless, sibilant sea - the voice of the interior journey began to assert itself. Who knew where it would go? Readers say the result is a slow boat to everywhere they want a book to take them, a vividly told voyage on the high seas, and a penetrating look into why we're compelled to go . . . and to come home.
- Author BiographyThe daughter and granddaughter of unsung travelers and sailors, Sandra Shaw Homer has stopped at many ports of call, but never before in Panama, Tahiti, Fiji, New Caledonia, Australia or New Zealand on a freighter. She has long made her home in Costa Rica, where she has taught languages and written for The Tico Times.
- Author(s)Sandra Shaw Homer
- Date of Publication15/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.