Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection from the letters of Charles Dickens (1812-70) was edited (as it says on the title page) 'by his sister-in-law and his eldest daughter'. The former was Georgina Hogarth (1827-1917), who stayed in Dickens' household and cared for the family when the author separated from his wife, her sister, in 1858; the latter was Mary (1838-96), kwn in the family as Mamie, his favourite child. They had published a three-volume edition in 1880, and a 'New Edition' in 1882; this reissue is of the single-volume third edition of 1893. The collection was seen as a 'supplement' to Forster's life of Dickens (also reissued in this series). Inevitably, it focuses on the positive and dynamic sides of Dickens' complex character, and gives a vivid portrait of a man juggling family life, writing, editing, travelling, amateur theatricals and public readings from his works with tremendous energy and verve.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Literary Studies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight970 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byGeorgina Hogarth,Mary Dickens
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.