Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Letters of Doctor Richard Hili and His Children: Or, the History of a Family as Told by Themselves The characters and the events delineated in the collection of family letters, from which the following have been selected, seemed to me so interesting and instructive, that I have thought it a duty to comply with the request of the immediate descendants of the writers, to preserve them in this form. The picture here given of the joys and sorrows of private life; of conj ugal and parental, of paternal and sisterly love; of fortitude and resigna tion in adversity; of moderation, contentment, and independence under all circumstances; of the female character in its strength of heroic endurance, in its over owing tenderness of admiration for all loveliness, and sympathy for all suffering - less than in its lighter graces and social endearments - pervaded by a deep sense of religion, and dedicated to the fulfilment of duty, and to obedience to the word manifest in the heart; all this is sketched in a way so graphic, yet so unstudied, that we are brought into immediate contact with the actors and the scenes. These letters come warm from the heart and faithful to its fires, for the sincerity of the writers was almost continually tested by self-sacrificing kindnesses, by forgiveness and forget fulness of injuries; by actions which, had they been performed on a wider theatre, and in a more conspicuous station in life. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)John Jay Smith
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.