All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionLevel 4 is the highest degree of laboratory containment for isolation and experimentation on microbiological organisms. Level-4 organisms produce lethal illnesses in humans and, for the most part, have treatment and prevention. Among the most infamous are Ebola and Lassa. from Level 4 Virus Hunters of the CDC With the recent outbreaks of Ebola, and its arrival on American shores, more and more people have become aware and frightened of this lethal virus. Husband-and-wife team Dr. Joseph B. McCormick and Dr. Susan Fisher-Hoch journey through equatorial Africa, Brazil's ghettos and rainforests, and settlements in rthern Pakistan in search of those already infected by these killers. Filled with scientific kwledge, Level 4 explains how and why these viruses are so deadly and how we can prevent further devastating epidemics from breaking out.
- Author BiographyJOSEPH B. MCCORMICK, MD, one of the world s foremost authorities on Ebola and Lassa fever, is also renowned as the first HIV investigator in Africa and the researcher who isolated the oldest HIV strain. Before SUSAN FISHER-HOCH, MD joined the CDC, she did pioneering work on Lassa fever, Legionnaires disease, and Ebola.
- Author(s)Joseph McCormick,Leslie Alan Horvitz,Susan Fisher-Hoch
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight544 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.