Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.04
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.74
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn the world of American business, we often perceive hard work and persistence as the key behaviors that allow us to get ahead. They are often touted as the key elements of success. But life is rarely that simple. At critical junctures, we are faced with significant choices that determine the arc of our remaining life. Sometimes those choices are subtle, such as who to stand next to at a cocktail party. Or they might be more obvious, like taking a job in a far off city, or agreeing to take back a cheating spouse. Or pursuing a murderer. Mark Carson was on a fast rise to the top of Global Guidance Corporation, a Minneapolis company that develops a variety of navigation and location products for consumers and the military. His wife's multiple affairs temporarily kcked him off the ladder, but after their divorce and some time spent trying to make sense of it all, he was working harder than ever to get ahead. But t everyone believes hard work is the way to advance one's career. Some want to jump straight to the front of the line any way they can. Max Wong, a GGC engineer is one such person -- willing to take short cuts to reap the reward of significant wealth. But Wong's shadow employer, kwn only as Falcon has his own agenda. When Wong's usefulness runs out, Falcon is ready to move on, and Wong represents something he abhors -- a loose end. Falcon's solution to his problem leaves Carson is facing one of those critical choices -- one that will have long reaching impact on his life, and the lives of those around him. This time, rather than playing it safe, Carson selects the path less traveled. He decides to discover for himself who killed Max Wong, and why. Carson quickly finds himself slipping deeper into a dangerous world of corporate crime, greed and violence. Teaming with co-worker Cathy Chin, he doggedly pursues the killers, even as it becomes clear they are deeply imbedded in GGC. The question becomes: Will he solve the crime before he and Chin become the next victims? And even if he succeeds, what will be left of his well ordered life?
- Author BiographyTom Spears earned a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering from Purdue University, and a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard University. He spent twenty-seven years working for four U.S. based public Corporations. During fifteen of those years he held a title of President or Group President. Tom retired from his last Corporate management position in 2010 to pursue his interest in writing fiction. He consults occasionally, having expertise in manufacturing, engineering, pricing, strategy and corporate politics. Tom lives with his wife and six children in Ashland, Nebraska. Tom enjoys receiving emails from readers and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Readers can learn more about Tom's work and upcoming books on his website http: //www.tomspears.com/.
- Author(s)Tom Spears
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.