Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionNew children's author Amanda Radke, a fifth-generation South Dakota rancher, shows young readers what life is like on a cattle ranch in Levi's Lost Calf. And, while Radke's storyline is pitch perfect and filled with farm-inspired whimsy, the book's unforgettable illustrations by up-and-coming Western artist Michelle Weber put this book over the top-really, it doesn't get any better than this. At the end of a hard day on the ranch, the take home message is this: the faith-filled and independent spirit of cowboys-and cowgirls-is alive and well! Young Levi rides out one morning to bring the cattle home from the pasture. After a head count, Levi is surprised that one calf is missing. Little Red, his favorite heifer calf, is where to be found. Determined to prove his independence-and locate Little Red, Levi rides out with his horse, Pepper, and Gus, his trusty dog, in tow. The three sleuths search high and low around the ranch in search for the calf. Little Red stays hidden as readers are introduced to a bevy of barnyard animals throughout the search. A kid-friendly recipe is added to compliment the adventure and bring the cowboy spirit home to the reader.
- Author BiographyAmanda Radke grew up on a family-owned cattle ranch near Mitchell, South Dakota, the eldest of three daughters. Wanting to ditch country life and pursue a big city career, she spent her college summers in places like Buenos Aires and Washington, D.C. Realizing her heart was still in rural America, she decided to study agriculture communications at South Dakota State University. It was there she met a farm boy and fell in love. Today, the couple raises cattle alongside her parents, a true family affair where faith and farming are top priorities. Radke works as a motivational speaker and a freelance writer. Levi's Lost Calf is her first book.
- Author(s)Amanda Radke
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width211 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.