All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe first practical study of its kind, Lexical Conflict presents a taxomy of cross-linguistic lexical differences, with thorough discussion of zero equivalence, multiple equivalence and partial equivalence across languages. Illustrated with numerous examples taken from over one hundred world languages, this work is an exhaustive exploration of cross-linguistic and cross-cultural differences, and presents guidelines and solutions for the lexicographic treatment of these differences. The text combines theoretical and applied linguistic perspectives to create an essential guide for students, researchers and practitioners in linguistics, anthropology, cross-cultural psychology, translation, interpretation and international marketing.
- Author BiographyDanko Sipka is a professor of Slavic languages and applied linguistics at Arizona State University, where he teaches Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Polish and Slavic linguistics in the School of International Letters and Cultures.
- Author(s)Danko Sipka
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note18 b/w illus. 9 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.